Check URI accessibility via CORS
This page can be saved and run localy or from some online source.
It performs a window.fetch() request to a remote source.
URI protocol can be HTTP as well as HTTPS.
HTTPS is mandatory when the actual source location is HTTPS.
- Caching is excluded
- An authorization can be included
- Multiple custom request headers can be included
- Recall last used URI also when changing Method
When browser localStorage is available:
- Recall last Request parameters
- Bookmarks management
This tool can be useful to check:
- URI response status and headers
- Total time elapsed for the response
- CORS preflight and accessibility
Don't forget that preflight request (method “OPTIONS”) can return
a 200 as well a 204 status, but this isn’t enough.
An “Access-Control-Allow-Methods” header is expected, valued with the same method of the request (optionally listed in a comma-separated list of Methods).
© 2023 M. Balestra